Today we’re going to show you how to polish up your brass or copper tube mod. with this demonstration we are going to use Bear Brass Mod’s Lycan. The copper stripes on this Lycan has already faded away. I normally wouldn’t polish this if it still had its copper stripes because we do not want the copper plating to come off. This will help you shine up your patina’d tube mods and give it that nice shine, also will help on performance if done on contacts also.**Warning could remove engravings or plated products** If you guys aren’t familiar with Bear Brass Mods keep an eye out we’ll do a cover story on BBM near future.
1. Get all the essentials
2. Connecting the pieces
- Grab an XL size cartomizer (all the old school vapers already know ;-] )
- Attach the carto onto the hand drill…make sure its on very tightly
3. Fun Part
- Put a small dab of Mothers Mag on your micro fiber towel
- Set your hand drill on a steady speed, then apply the towel with the polish into the mod with a nice steady spin
- The micro fiber towel will turn black from removing the patina on your mod; keep doing it till the mod looks like its been through oil shower
4. Wipe & Repeat
- Once you’ve gotten to a point were the spot on the towel you’ve been focusing on is pitch black, that would be a good time to pick another side of the towel that doesn’t have any compound
- Wipe off the black specs off the tube.
- Repeat the same steady spin on a clean part of the towel and once again, you will start to notice the shine from your pinata mod.
5. Enjoy your work!
Once its all done, you’ll notice a difference in performance and look of your patina mod. We hope that this quick guide was useful. Please Like and Share this if you find this useful and you know someone whose mod could use a polish.
Below are links where you can get the tools and materials used in this tutorial: