Eric: Hi, I’m Eric Schild. I came from the magical world of video games where people literally make dreams come halfway true until the money runs out. Now? One of the two dudes behind Teleos.
Vape Snob: What motivated you to start Teleos?
Eric: For a hot minute there, I was reviewing stuff in this tiny closed group on Facebook (peaked at just over a thousand members) at the prodding of one Andy Han (I think he’s still alive and has relocated to somewhere along the border between North Dakota and Canada). During that time, thirty or forty juice companies sent me boxes of product. They varied from pretty good to a bit more than pretty good. Hell, I actually still vape some of them – though I should probably ration this liter of Port LB from Long Beach Juice Supply. I miss them. Anyway! Teleos.
More serious answer: Vaping hasn’t been around long enough to really have “influencers” in the classical sense. Some people are pretty good at forcing the hype train in one direction or another and others are really great at moving product. I guess, the answer would be our customers? I mean, they really decide on the direction we go. Except the 120ml Bottle Brigade – I’m sorry, we’re just not there yet. You are a loud, but very small segment, and I promise – one day – we will appeal to you in some fashion.
Vape Snob: Eric, some people say you’re a gangster in the vape industry. Is this true?
Eric: I don’t even know what this means. I’m really not, I’m kind of a sweetheart.
Things I Do: I vape trash Chinese atties more than “high-end ones.” I have a ton of absolutely horrific gear in the eyes of the “high end” segment. Hell, I want to rock a Darwin w/ Extended Arm and an Athea Full Axis at Vape Summit Vegas, but I haven’t been able to get either. I will vape quite literally any juice. That’s probably pretty stupid of me, but I used to smoke cigarettes so whatever.
Things I Don’t Do: Put modders on a pedestal. Participating in the consumer frenzy of modding which is a direct result of not being able to provide enough product is just wackytown to me. I get that we’re a hobbyist industry, but comeon, this is about Not Smoking rather than Having The Hottest Gear.
I have been known to talk a bit of smack, but you know what – game recognize game. Check your privilege, etc.
Vape Snob: What are some of your inspirations when creating a flavor?
Vape Snob: Do you know what VGOD is? Can you VGOD?
The Styx has, bar none, the best button in the game. It has two batteries and an SX350. Until tech improves, I’m not sure what else I’d want.To expand a little bit, I’m not really into the whole “hype” scene, whether that be juice or hardware. As Teleos advertises minimally, that’s pretty obvious on the juice front. On the hardware front it’s less obvious. Here’s a current list of my gear – many of which are broken (by my own hand):
- Garage of Creation Styx
- Garage of Creation Styx Prototype (bigger, boxier, styxier)
- QOX by Bru Vapers w/ a replaced sleeve (black delrin, from Matthew Eaton @ Captivape)
- QOX by Bru Vapers – completely destroyed by the USPS and currently being brought back to life by Matthew Eaton
- Zero w/ Teleos Sleeve that I don’t use but looks nice in pictures
- Galacticka Andromeda w/ a bit of a wonky button and Comic Sans on the inside – which kills me even time I put a battery in it
- Messybox LE Carbon Fiber thing – swapped to a DNA40.
- Messybox Original – completely broken, getting fixed by Chris Hildreth of Lautus Creations
- Beatbox by MPKO – Single Battery variant, broke it, getting fixed by Chris Hildreth of Lautus Creations
- Beatbox by MPKO – Dual 18650 variant, broke it, getting fixed by Chris Hildreth of Lautus Creations
- Vapedroid by Ayman Azmy – broke it 4 times now. Not yet handed over to be fixed.
- VariAnt by Vicious Ant – completely destroyed door, kinda half sort-of on purpose destroyed by me and Chris Hildreth, but hey it takes Real batteries now (dual 18650)
- Caravela, Teleos Engraved by some dude in Spain
- eGo One 2200mah from Joytech
- Aspire CF Sub Ohm
- 11x Atlantis from Aspire
- 5x Melo from eLeaf
- 1x Herkles by whoever
- 1x Subdank Mini from Kanger
- 9x Taifun GTs w/ various kits from SmokerStore.de or whatever
- 2x Arctic by HorizonTech
- 1x Behemoth by Diablo Mods
- 1x Nahual by Urq
- 1x In’ax V1 by Athea
- 1x In’ax 16 by Athea
- 1x K.Loud by Boost Lab with bored out inner tank
- 2x Delta II by Joytech
- 1x Origenny V2
- 1x Clone Doge with Clone Chuff by China
- some hellfire nonsense
As you can see, when I like something I stick with it. Yeah yeah, I hyped the hell out of the Atlantis. I know. I still stand by my assessment and given the % of the market that moved over to next-gen Chinese tanks, I was clearly pretty correct. Nonetheless, the takeaway here is that I’ll vape almost any juice in any atty on any mod. But my preferred setup is listed at the beginning of this answer.
Vape Snob: What other E-Liquids do you vape besides your own product?
Eric: On my desk, right now at this very moment, is the following: Sammie Puffs by SMAX, Jazzy Boba by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Moondust by Witcher’s Brew, Muffcake from Steam Factory, and Captivape’s Strawberry Milk.
Vape Snob: What are your plans for the future?
Eric: The Afterparty. Epsilon. Three more Breakfast at Teleos Flavors. <REDACTED>. Some hardware, maybe – if things go well. Play dodgeball with some legislators. Maybe lay down some phat beats. Wouldn’t mind losing a bit of weight. I got this standing desk that sounds like the future when it goes up and down.
Vape Snob: Vaping and hobbies are often tied together. What hobbies are grabbing your attention right now?
Eric: Ya know, I’m a gamer so I’m always playing something. Right now – Hex, Bloodborne, 7 Days to Die, Pillar of Eternity, and uhhhhh Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Which is basically the Candy Crush of Final Fantasy (please send CJ energy or whatever or don’t).
Also, I really like good food. Which, I suppose, isn’t a hobby. But Instagram keeps trying to convince me it is.
Vape Snob: Are you into kitties?
Eric: Pusheen is rad. I don’t really know what’s happening with this question. It seems like it has ulterior motives.